Asked by: Cristoba Tableriouasked in category: General Last Updated: 7th March, 2020
Why won't my keyboard pop up on my phone?
Keeping this in consideration, what do you do when your keyboard won't pop up?
Solution 1: Restart the keyboard
- Go to the Settings menu of the device.
- Scroll down to the Apps section and Tap on Application Manager.
- Swipe to go to the “All” tab.
- Now look for the app Android Keyboard and tap on it.
- Now tap on Force Stop to stop the keyboard.
Likewise, how do you fix your Android keyboard when it disappears? Clear the cache and data of the Keyboard app
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Apps.
- Tap the Keyboard application in the default list.
- To display preinstalled apps, tap Menu > Show system apps.
- Tap Storage > CLEAR CACHE > CLEAR DATA > DELETE.
Subsequently, question is, why won't my keyboard pop up on my phone?
In Android, usually, the on-screen keyboard becomes automatically visible at the bottom of the screen by tapping on a text to edit. In case the keyboard does not show automatically, press and hold down the menu button for a few seconds. The keyboard will then be displayed on screen.
How do I reset my keyboard?
- Open Start and type in device manager .
- Scroll down and expand Keyboard.
- Select the keyboard that you want to reset.
- Click the "Uninstall" icon.
- Click OK when prompted.
- Click the "Search for updates" button.
- Select the keyboard again.