Asked by: Arlean Rosalasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st June, 2020
Why is my Whirlpool refrigerator leaking water inside?
In this regard, why is my refrigerator leaking water on the inside?
Blockage of Defrost Drain Apparently leaking inside the fridge is usually less serious than deposits of water onto the kitchen floor. It seemed that the cause was the defrost drain. In freezer-on-top refrigerators, blockage of this drain due to ice or food debris is a simple and fairly common problem.
Subsequently, question is, where is the drain on a Whirlpool refrigerator? Inside your refrigerator and freezer compartments, typically near the back wall, is a small indentation. This is the defrost drain, which takes water and ice that accumulates on the walls of the refrigerator and freezer and drains it down to the drain pan on the bottom of the unit.
Correspondingly, how do you fix a leaking refrigerator inside?
In this case, take the following steps to stop your refrigerator from leaking water:
- Locate the drain tubes at the rear of the refrigerator or freezer.
- Push a small plastic tube or a pipe cleaner through the tubes.
- Pour a mild solution of soapy water and ammonia down the drain tube to kill bacteria.
How do I unclog a freezer drain?
Unclogging the drain prevents water from building up inside the unit and leaking out onto the floor.
- Unplug the refrigerator/freezer unit.
- Remove any food or objects, like a sliding drawer, that are blocking your access to the drain hole.
- Clear the ice from the drain hole with a screwdriver or a piece of stiff wire.