Asked by: Janine Yoonasked in category: General Last Updated: 26th June, 2020
Why is my Frigidaire upright freezer not freezing?
Considering this, why is my upright freezer not freezing?
Causes: If your freezer won't freeze, most likely the condenser coils are dirty which reduces the overall cooling capacity of the freezer. Evaporator fan motor is malfunctioning, and since it's in charge of circulating the air throughout the freezer, this will need to be resolved, pronto.
Subsequently, question is, how do I fix my upright freezer? Follow some simple suggestions to make sure you put the fix on your upright freezer.
- Step 1 – Quick Troubleshooting. First, determine the problem.
- Step 2 – Where's the Juice?
- Step 3 - Defrost the Freezer.
- Step 4 – Reset the Thermostat.
- Step 5 – Test the Timer.
- Step 6 – Clean the Coils.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do I reset my Frigidaire upright freezer?
- Unplug Freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Plug Freezer back in.
- Hold Alarm Reset Button for 3 seconds.
- Quickly, press the DOWN ARROW 3 times.
- Press the UP ARROW 1 time.
- Select Temperature you would like for your freezer.
How do you diagnose a freezer problem?
- Check the temperature setting.
- Clean the condensor coils.
- Unplug the freezer, wait two hours and plug it in. If you hear it running, a problem is causing the compressor to overheat.
- Test the temperature control.
- Test the evaporator fan.
- Test the defrost timer.
- Test the compressor relay.
- Test the overload protector.