Asked by: Malinka Aldamaasked in category: General Last Updated: 13th May, 2020
Which writers became prominent during the American occupation of the Philippines?
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, who are the other famous Filipino native writers during American period?
PHILIPPINE LITERATURE DURING AMERICAN REGIME
- THREE GROUPS OF WRITERS.
- Juan Cabreros Laya (1911-1952)
- FEATURES OF PHILIPPINE LITERATURE UNDER AMERICAN REGIME.
- Manuel Arguilla (1911-1944)
- Paz Marquez-Benitez (1894-1983)
- Zoilo Galang (1895-1959)
- Wilfrido Ma. Guerrero (1911-1995)
- Amado Vera Hernandez (1903-1970)
Additionally, when did the United States colonized the Philippines? The Philippine-American War, 1899–1902. After its defeat in the Spanish-American War of 1898 , Spain ceded its longstanding colony of the Philippines to the United States in the Treaty of Paris.
Considering this, what are the forms of literature during the American period?
Periods of American Literature
- The Colonial and Early National Period (17th century to 1830) The first European settlers of North America wrote about their experiences starting in the 1600s.
- The Romantic Period (1830 to 1870)
- Realism and Naturalism (1870 to 1910)
- The Modernist Period (1910 to 1945)
- The Contemporary Period (1945 to present)
Who was the Filipino writer who published intensively in the United States during the war years?
Bienvenido N. Santos (March 22, 1911 – January 7, 1996) was a Filipino-American fiction, poetry and nonfiction writer.