Asked by: Shantel Pudelasked in category: General Last Updated: 31st May, 2020
Which tag is used to identify the main heading on a page?
Similarly one may ask, what are the heading tags?
Heading tags are indicators used in HTML to help structure your webpage from an SEO point of view, as well as helping Google to read your piece of content. Heading tags range from H1-H6 and form a hierarchical structure to your page.
Simply so, how do you use heading tags?
Here are seven header tag best practices for SEO.
- Use Headers to Provide Structure. Your header tags provide structure and context for your article.
- Use Headers to Break Up Text.
- Include Keywords in Your Header Tags.
- Optimize for Featured Snippets.
- Only Use One H1.
- Keep Your Header Tags Consistent.
- Make Them Interesting.
What are the tags associated with different heading levels?
HTML defines six levels of headings. A heading element implies all the font changes, paragraph breaks before and after, and any white space necessary to render the heading. The heading elements are H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, and H6 with H1 being the highest (or most important) level and H6 the least.