Asked by: Kathi Feldmanasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th March, 2020
Which is the biggest ocean of world?
Then, what are the 10 largest oceans?
Top 10 World's largest Oceans and Seas
- Pacific Ocean. 166,242,000.
- Atlantic Ocean. 86,557,800.
- Indian Ocean. 73,427,800.
- Arctic Ocean. 13,223,800.
- East Vietnam Sea. 2,974,600.
- Caribbean Sea. 2,515,900.
- Mediterranean Sea. 2,510,000.
- Bering Sea. 2,261,100.
Similarly, what are the 5 largest oceans in the world? Today, we list the top 5 largest oceans in the world and the evolution of 5 oceans on Earth.
- 1 Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean covering more than 30% of the Earth.
- 2 Atlantic Ocean.
- 3 Indian Ocean.
- 4 Southern Ocean.
- 5 Arctic Ocean.
In this manner, what are the top 3 largest oceans?
The largest bodies of water on Earth are the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, and Arctic Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean on Earth, covering more than one-third of the Earth's surface and nearly half of Earth's water surface.
Which is the largest and smallest ocean in the world?
Some definitions extend the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific oceans to Antarctica. But primarily the Southern ocean surrounds Antarctica. The smallest is the Arctic, and the largest is the Pacific which comprises more than 50% of the world's surface.