Asked by: Estrela Muniyappaasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd May, 2020
Which 80's movie was the first to become a largely due to MTV?
Also, which 80s movie was the first to become a hit largely due to MTV?
One may also ask, which 80's movie was the highest grossing film of the decade? The 1982 movie surpassed Star Wars to become the highest grossing film of all time. The movie held that record for 11 years until it was surpassed by Jurassic Park in 1993.
Beside this, what was the most popular movie in the 1980s?
From 'The Goonies' to 'The Lost Boys' to 'The Shining'
- 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'
- 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'
- 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'
- 'Stand By Me'
- 'Blade Runner'
- 'Star Wars Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back'
- 'Back to the Future'
- 'The Breakfast Club'
What movies are from the 80s?
Feature Film, Released between 1980-01-01 and 1989-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- The Dark Crystal (1982) PG | 93 min | Adventure, Family, Fantasy.
- The Shining (1980)
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- The Goonies (1985)
- Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Batman (1989)