Asked by: Genevive Ehratasked in category: General Last Updated: 16th January, 2020
Where should I stay in Maui for hiking?
In this way, what side of Maui is best to stay on?
Best Area To Stay In Maui If you want a luxury hotel or resort, choose Wailea on the south side or Kaanapali on the west side. If you want a condo, choose Kihei on the south side or Honokowai-Kahana-Napili on the west side.
Furthermore, is it better to stay in Wailea or Kaanapali? Wailea is dryer than Kaanapali; it's also near Kihei, where there's shopping, restaurants, etc. (Makena is also a good option if you want fabulous beachfront.) A condo would be ideal; lots cheaper and more comfortable than a hotel. Kaanapali all the way.
Similarly one may ask, where do you want to stay in Maui?
Maui Accommodations by Region
- Staying in West Maui. Including Lahaina, Kaanapali, and Kapalua.
- Staying in South Maui. Including Kihei and Wailea.
- Staying along the Hana Highway. Including Paia & Hana.
- Staying in Central Maui. Including Kahului and Wailuku.
- Staying Upcountry on Maui. Including Haleakala and Kula.
Should I stay in west or south Maui?
In West Maui the two tourist resorts to choose from are Kaanapali and Kapalua. In South Maui you have the option to go for Wailea or Kihei. On the North shore, Paia and Haiku are solid options and much more tranquil than Maui's main resort areas.