Asked by: Anuar Harchiasked in category: General Last Updated: 18th January, 2020
Where is the starter on a 1993 Ford f150?
Also know, where is the starter on a Ford f150 located?
The starter is located on the passenger side of the engine bay, right under the exhaust manifold. There is a good access spot when you lift one side of the truck up.
Additionally, how do know if your starter is bad? The signs of a bad starter include:
- A bad ignition switch. Try wiggling the key while it is in the switch. If this gets the car to start, then the switch should be checked.
- Starter solenoid control wire. There could be a bad connection.
- Starter motor or solenoid.
Likewise, how much is a starter for a Ford f150?
The average cost for a Ford F-150 starter replacement is between $268 and $341. Labor costs are estimated between $75 and $96 while parts are priced between $193 and $245.
How do you check a starter?
Part 3 Bench Testing Your Starter
- Remove your starter.
- Attach jumper cables to your starter.
- Connect a wire to the starter's small terminal.
- Hold the starter down with one foot.
- Touch the other end of the wire to the positive battery post.