Asked by: Chaudhry Grafenhahnasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th April, 2020
Where is the idle control valve?
Then, where is the idle control valve located?
The idle air control valve (IAC) is located near the throttle body of the intake manifold in most cases. Additional designs include rubber hoses running from the throttle body and air intake tube to a remote valve.
Additionally, how do I reset my idle air control valve? Reset the IAC valve pintle position by performing the following:
- Depress the accelerator pedal slightly.
- Start the engine and run for 5 seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for 10 seconds.
- Restart the engine and check for proper idle operation.
Accordingly, what are the symptoms of a bad idle air control valve?
Usually a bad or failing idle control valve will produce a few symptoms that can alert the driver of a potential issue.
- Irregular idle speed. One of the most common symptoms associated with a problematic idle air control valve is irregular idle speed.
- Check Engine Light comes on.
- Engine stalling.
How do you test a idle air control valve?
To check if an idle control valve is working properly, start by turning on your engine and letting it run for a minute or 2. Then, when it's at an idling speed, take note of the RPMs in your car. Next, turn the engine off and disconnect the idle control motor under your hood.