Asked by: Adelin Jakuschenkoasked in category: General Last Updated: 18th March, 2020
Where does the salt go in a Whirlpool dishwasher?
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, where do you put the salt in a dishwasher?
To add dishwasher salt:
- Locate the softener unit, usually located at the bottom of the dishwasher by the drain (below the bottom basket).
- Unscrew the cap and fill it with dishwasher salt.
- If the reservoir is full of water, you can still pour the salt in.
- Replace the cap.
what happens if you don't put salt in dishwasher? Every dishwasher contains a water softener to remove lime and magnesium from the water. If this doesn't happen correctly, your dishes will start showing white stains. Without salt, your water softener would become saturated after a while, and wouldn't function properly anymore.
Beside this, should there be water in the salt tank of a dishwasher?
The water softener is at the bottom of each dishwasher. There's a lever or a front panel button on the machine that controls how much salt goes through. When you go to fill the salt container, it may be full of water. Just put the salt in anyway; it will sink to the bottom and displace the water.
How do you use dishwasher salt?
Method 1 Putting Dishwasher Salt in Your Dishwasher
- Remove the bottom rack to expose the salt reservoir.
- Unscrew the cap and check for water.
- Use only dishwasher salt in your softener unit.
- Pour salt into the funnel until the reservoir is full.
- Clean excess salt with a wet cloth.
- Screw the cap on tightly.