Asked by: Lyndon Pilgermannasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
What vitamins should I take in my 20s?
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps our bodies absorb calcium, which is important for bone health.
- Magnesium. Magnesium is an essential nutrient, which means that we must get it from food or supplements.
- Vitamin B-12.
Then, what vitamins should I be taking for my age?
Vitamins You Need as You Age
- Calcium. With age, you can start to lose more of this mineral than you absorb.
- Vitamin B12. It helps make blood and nerve cells.
- Vitamin D. Your body needs it to absorb calcium.
- Vitamin B6. Your body uses it to fight germs and to make energy.
Likewise, how old should you be to take women's vitamins? Children older than 4 years of age may have similar recommended daily values for certain micronutrients as adults. However, it's generally safest to wait until age 12 before giving an adult vitamin to a child.
Beside above, should I take fish oil in my 20s?
In Your 20s Taking this once a day will cover all your bases." "Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids derived from fish oil can significantly improve heart health and thus reduce the risk of heart disease.
Is taking vitamins a waste of money?
"Not only are vitamin and mineral supplements a waste of money, they can in some instances actually harm the body," reports The Guardian. The review found that taking the most widely used supplements – multivitamins, vitamin D, vitamin C and calcium – had no significant effect on the risk of heart-related illnesses.