Asked by: Marlo Haucheasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd January, 2020
What vegetables grow best in Central Florida?
- Brussel Sprouts.
In this way, what grows well in Central Florida?
Vegetables That Grow Well in Central Florida
- Central Florida is comprised of USDA growing zone 9. Winters are mild In this growing zone, and some vegetables can be grown year-round.
- Carrot. Carrot (Image: Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images)
- Peppers. Peppers (Image: Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images)
Furthermore, what vegetables can you grow in Florida in the summer? Summer Vegetables in Florida
- Lima Beans. Recommended varieties: Fordhook 242, Henderson, Jackson Wonder, Dixie (Speckled) Butterpea, Early Thorogreen.
- Eggplant. Recommended varieties: Black Beauty, Dusky, Long, Ichiban, Cloud Nine.
- Okra. Recommended varieties: Clemson Spineless, Emerald, Annie Oakley II, Cajun Delight.
- Sweet Potatoes.
Besides, what vegetables can I plant now in Florida?
Vegetable Planting Guide by Month for South Florida Gardeners
|Cassava Chayote Malanga Summer Squash Yard Long Beans||Cantaloupes Carrots Collards Corn Eggplant Escarole Lima & Pole Beans Mustard Onions Okra Peppers Potatoes Radish Summer Spinach Summer Squash Tomatoes (larger fruit varieties) Watermelon|
What fruits and vegetables grow well in Florida?
Information on vegetables, including herbs, that you can grow in your Florida garden.