Asked by: Banna Malkorraasked in category: General Last Updated: 12th January, 2020
What vegetables can you grow hanging?
In this way, what vegetables can be grown in hanging baskets?
Tomatoes, eggplant and peppers need high heat and levels of sunlight, while lettuce and spinach do better in lower light. Even the smaller vegetables need at least a gallon pot to grow well.
Other fruits and vegetables that grow in hanging baskets are:
- small Asian eggplant.
- some types of peppers.
Beside above, what tomatoes can I grow in hanging baskets? Heirloom Tomato Varieties for Hanging Baskets
- Baxter's Early Bush Cherry Tomato. Heirloom, determinate, 72 days, red, cherry (1 ½” round)
- Whippersnapper Tomato.
- Floragold Basket Tomato.
- Florida Basket.
- Micro Tom Tomato.
- Tumbling Tom Tomato.
- Red Robin Tomato.
- More lists of tomato varieties.
Also know, what to grow in hanging planters?
Best Plants For Hanging Baskets
- Nasturtium. If you are looking for a quick growing and low maintenance plant, nasturtium is the plant you should consider.
- Petunia. Petunia is one of the most popular flowers and best plant for hanging the basket.
- Philodendron and Spider Plant.
Can I grow zucchini in a hanging basket?
Zucchini – Another squash variety, zucchini plants do well in containers, raised beds, and hanging baskets. There are some unusual and attractive heirloom varieties that would add even more interest with rounded or striped fruit!