Asked by: Adelio Weymansasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th April, 2020
What type of welder is best for aluminum?
Beside this, what type of welder is used for aluminum?
One of the most popular welding processes for aluminum is gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), otherwise known as tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding. GTAW is a great process for aluminum because it does not require mechanical wire feeding, which can create feedability issues.
Likewise, what is the best TIG welder for aluminum? Here we have compiled a list of the 4 best TIG welders for aluminum on the market:
- 2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200X.
- LOTOS TIG200 200A AC/DC Aluminum TIG/Stick Welder.
- Hobart 500551 EZ TIG 165i 230-Volt.
- TIG Welder, Precision TIG 225,208/230VAC.
- Aluminum Welding Tips.
One may also ask, what is the best welding machine for aluminum?
Best Welders For Aluminum: 7 Best Welding Machine For Aluminum
- SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp MIG MAG ARC MMA Stick DC Welder.
- Hobart 500554001 Handler 190 with SpoolRunner 100.
- LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder with Free Spool Gun.
- Lotos TIG200ACDC 200A AC/DC Aluminum Tig Welder.
- PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with Pulse CK17 Flex Torch.
How hard is it to weld aluminum?
Aluminum isn't that much more difficult than steel, but it requires more prep (LOTS of pre-weld cleaning) and is more prone to cracking and deformations. Certain alloys are more difficult to weld, but once you understand them it's not bad.