Asked by: Yenai Filippishinasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th June, 2020
What type of nail gun do I need for decking?
Likewise, people ask, can you use a nail gun to build a deck?
Nail guns works just fine for constructing the framing -- better than screws and faster than a hammer! But don't use it for installing the deck boards themselves. Use deck screws that are approved for the decking and the framing material that you are using.
Subsequently, question is, is it better to nail or screw deck boards? Deck screws are the best, hands down. Nails will rise up and create a hazard and they tend to corrode more quickly. Screws are more expensive but hold better and won't corrode if you use the correct type.
Also, what kind of nail gun do I need?
As it turns out, there are several different types of nail guns, and each one has its own unique use.
- Framing Nailer. Framing nailers are the heaviest duty nailer, and their name is fitting.
- Palm Nailer. Palm nailers are just like mini nail guns.
- Roofing Nailer.
- Siding Nailer.
- Pin Nailer.
- Brad Nailer.
- Finish Nailer.
- Staple Gun.
What do you need to use a nail gun?
How to Use a Nail Gun
- Load the nail strip into nail gun's magazine.
- Put on safety glasses before you turn on the power to the gun.
- Practice shooting the gun on wood scraps before beginning your project.
- Place the tip of the gun against the surface you intend to nail.
- Push the tip of the gun against the surface, exerting pressure on the gun.