Asked by: Egor Hegendorferasked in category: General Last Updated: 28th February, 2020
What tree produces the most pollen?
- Trees like oak, ash, elm, birch, maple, alder, and hazel, as well as hickory, pecan, and box and mountain cedar.
- Grasses like Timothy, Kentucky blue grass, Johnson, Bermuda, redtop, orchard grass, sweet vernal, perennial rye, salt grass, velvet, and fescue.
Similarly one may ask, which flowers produce the most pollen?
WebMD reports flowers with the most pollen production like chamomile, chrysanthemums, daisies, goldenrod and ordinary sunflowers are among the worst.
Additionally, what trees does pollen come from? This pollen comes from larger trees like pine and oak. The pollen is released in large quantities, fertilizing other trees of the same species.
Likewise, people ask, what trees are worst for allergies?
Some of the worst tree allergens include:
- box elder.
- date palm.
What can I take for tree pollen allergies?
Treatments for pollen allergies include:
- Over-the-counter antihistamine medications, such as cetirizine (Zyrtec) or loratadine (Claritin).
- Immunotherapy tablets or shots to desensitize the body to pollen.
- Nasal sprays designed to relieve the itching and congestion.