Asked by: Velma Kriziaasked in category: General Last Updated: 19th May, 2020
What trait are Chester Whites best known for?
Correspondingly, what are Chester White pigs known for?
The Chester White is a versatile breed suited to both intensive and extensive husbandry. Though not as popular as the Duroc, Yorkshire, or Hampshire, the Chester White is actively used in commercial crossbreeding operations for pork.
Also Know, what animal is a Chester White? domestic pig
Secondly, what are the characteristics of a Chester White Pig?
- Must possess Chester White Breed characteristics.
- Must be ear notched within 7 days of birth.
- Must be solid white in color, no color on the skin larger than a silver dollar, no colored hair.
- Any skin pigmentation other than white that exceeds five in number are disqualified.
- Ears must be down and medium size.
Where did the Chester White Pig originate?
Chester White History - Certified Pedigreed Swine. The Chester White breed originated in Chester County, Pennsylvania and thereby derived its breed name. At first it was called the Chester County White, but later the “county” was dropped. The Chester breed was derived in Jefferson County, New York.