Asked by: Ariana Austenfeldasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th January, 2020
What should I put my thermostat on?
Similarly one may ask, what is a good temperature to set your thermostat in the summer?
Similarly, what is the best temperature to set thermostat? General recommendations for winter thermostat settings:
- If someone is at home in the daytime, 72° F (22° C) is a good start, but aim for 68° F (20° C).
- If everyone is away from home in the daytime, or you're asleep at night, we feel 66° F (19° C) to 62° F (17° C) is best.
Thereof, is 72 a good temperature for air conditioning?
The Ideal Summer Thermostat Setting For most people, the normal comfort zone temperature sits around 72-73 degrees—but an air conditioner isn't a highly scientific machine. Setting the thermostat at 78 degrees typically keeps enough cool air in the room for comfort.
How can I reduce my AC bill?
11 easy ways to lower your air conditioning bill this summer
- Upgrade your windows. If your home has old windows, they might not be energy efficient.
- Seal your windows.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Use ceiling fans.
- Replace your HVAC air filters.
- Avoid cooking indoors.
- Reduce the sunlight.
- Insulate your walls and attics.