Asked by: Agusti Fonckenasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st June, 2020
What should I eat for breakfast after a workout to lose weight?
Similarly, you may ask, what should I eat after a workout in the morning to lose weight?
If you want to lose weight, try one of the snacks below after your next workout:
- Bananas with peanut butter.
- Baked sweet potato and egg.
- Greek yogurt with berries.
- Cottage cheese with vegetable sticks.
- Quinoa salad.
- Post-workout shake.
- Savory muffins.
Likewise, how long should I wait to eat after workout to lose weight? Most dietitians recommend eating something within 30 minutes after a workout. Your body, after using up its available energy, needs to be refueled, specifically with carbs and protein, for energy and to repair the microdamage that exercise does to your muscles.
Similarly, should I eat after workout if I want to lose weight?
Yes, you should try to eat within at least two hours of a workout if you're trying to lose weight, Michele told POPSUGAR. This is for a couple of reasons. First and most simply, workouts burn a lot of calories. You should still eat something, Michele said, if not right after the workout then within two hours.
What should I eat after a workout to lose weight and gain muscle?
Here are a few examples of quick and easy meals to eat after your workout:
- Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.
- Egg omelet with avocado spread on toast.
- Salmon with sweet potato.
- Tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Tuna and crackers.
- Oatmeal, whey protein, banana and almonds.
- Cottage cheese and fruits.