Asked by: Susan Umbertiniasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th June, 2020
What musicians were popular in 1960s?
- 1: The Beatles. 2: Elvis Presley.
- 3: The Rolling Stones. 4: Bob Dylan.
- 5: The Beach Boys. 6: Frank Sinatra.
- 7: Cliff Richard. 8: Ray Charles.
- 9: Herb Alpert. 10: Jimi Hendrix.
- 11: The Monkees. 12: John Coltrane.
- 13: Jim Reeves. 14: The Kinks.
- 15: Roy Orbison. 16: Simon & Garfunkel.
Just so, who was the most popular singer in the 1960s?
- Bob Dylan. 2,734,562 listeners.
- The Mamas & the Papas. 1,176,156 listeners.
- The Zombies. 949,888 listeners.
- The Velvet Underground. 2,038,624 listeners.
- Simon & Garfunkel. 2,436,434 listeners.
- Cream. 1,899,709 listeners.
- The Hollies. 924,962 listeners.
- Otis Redding. 1,464,929 listeners. Otis Ray Redding Jr.
Subsequently, question is, who were the 3/5 most popular musicians or groups in the 1960s? The 10 Most Influential Rock Group/Musicians in the 60's
- The Beatles.
- The Who.
- It's A Beautiful Day.
- The Rolling Stones.
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Carlos Santana.
- The Velvet Underground.
Subsequently, question is, who was one of the most popular bands or musicians in the 1960s?
The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles are at the top of this list with good reason. For many, they epitomize 1960s music - the atmosphere and attitude of the time - and when younger listeners want to tap into that era, they usually flip one of those bands on and listen to the best singers of the 60s.
What genres were popular in the 60's?
Music Played in the 1960's Popular Music From the 60s
- British Invasion.
- Surf Rock and Psychedelic Rock.
- Roots Rock and Hard Rock.
- Folk Rock and Protest Music.