Asked by: Khamissa Lischewskiasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd May, 2020
What kind of salt do you use in a Bosch dishwasher?
Also question is, do I need to add salt to my Bosch dishwasher?
For the water softening system to function properly, it needs dishwasher salt. To add salt, undo the screw cap and fill the salt dispenser with water (only required when using your dishwasher for the first time). Never fill the salt dispenser with detergent as this can damage the water softening system.
Secondly, what type of salt is used in dishwashers? sodium chloride
Moreover, where do you put the salt in a Bosch dishwasher?
Method 1 Putting Dishwasher Salt in Your Dishwasher
- Remove the bottom rack to expose the salt reservoir.
- Unscrew the cap and check for water.
- Use only dishwasher salt in your softener unit.
- Pour salt into the funnel until the reservoir is full.
- Clean excess salt with a wet cloth.
- Screw the cap on tightly.
How much salt do you put in a Bosch dishwasher?
Filling the salt dispenser Before using the appliance for the first time, pour about 1 litre of water in the salt container. Then refill with salt (not cooking salt) until the salt container is full (max. 1.5 kg). When you refill the salt, water is being displaced and drains off.