Asked by: Najoua Pyanochenkoasked in category: General Last Updated: 27th February, 2020
What is there to do in Big Sur California?
- #1. Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park. #1 in Big Sur.
- #2. Andrew Molera State Park. #2 in Big Sur.
- #3. Pfeiffer Beach. #3 in Big Sur.
- #4. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park. #4 in Big Sur.
- #5. Garrapata State Park. free.
- #6. Sand Dollar Beach. #6 in Big Sur.
- #7. Limekiln State Park. #7 in Big Sur.
Simply so, what is Big Sur California known for?
Big Sur is an area of wilderness known for its rustic and austere beauty. It emcompasses approx. 90 miles of Hwy 1 south of Carmel to just north of San Simeon and Hearst Castle. The town of Big Sur is known for its state parks and hiking trails.
Beside above, is Big Sur worth visiting? Big Sur is a very worthy road trip destination for anyone who loves to be outdoors and experience nature. Sure, it takes a little longer, but the views of the Pacific Ocean, rocky bluffs, sandy beaches, towering redwoods, and vibrant green hills make it worth the extra time spent on the road.
Just so, how much time do you need in Big Sur?
Day One. Assuming ideal traffic conditions, the drive from San Francisco down to the start of Big Sur (using Andrew Molera State Park as the end point) will take around 2 hours and 40 minutes.
What is there to do in Monterey and Big Sur?
- 17-Mile Drive. Tour the 17-Mile Drive—preferably in a convertible—around the legendary Pebble Beach Golf Links, ogling fantasy mansions with ocean views.
- Adventures by the Sea.
- Bay Tree Bookstore.
- Berry Creek Falls Trail.
- Buzzard's Roost.
- Cannery Row.
- Clautiere Vineyard.
- Cottage of Sweets.