Asked by: Morro Echarrenasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th May, 2020
What is the symptom of lung cancer?
Likewise, people ask, what is usually the first sign of lung cancer?
Early warning signs of lung cancer A new cough that is persistent or worsens, or a change in an existing chronic cough. Cough that produces blood. Pain in the chest, back or shoulders that worsens during coughing, laughing or deep breathing. Shortness of breath that comes on suddenly and occurs during everyday
Beside above, what causes lung cancer? Lung cancer in non-smokers can be caused by exposure to radon, secondhand smoke, air pollution, or other factors. Workplace exposures to asbestos, diesel exhaust or certain other chemicals can also cause lung cancers in some people who don't smoke.
Thereof, what are the first signs of lung cancer UK?
The main symptoms of lung cancer include:
- a cough that doesn't go away after 2 or 3 weeks.
- a long-standing cough that gets worse.
- chest infections that keep coming back.
- coughing up blood.
- an ache or pain when breathing or coughing.
- persistent breathlessness.
- persistent tiredness or lack of energy.
How do you test yourself for lung cancer?
Tests to diagnose lung cancer
- Imaging tests. An X-ray image of your lungs may reveal an abnormal mass or nodule.
- Sputum cytology. If you have a cough and are producing sputum, looking at the sputum under the microscope can sometimes reveal the presence of lung cancer cells.
- Tissue sample (biopsy).