Asked by: Iba Maresmaasked in category: General Last Updated: 12th May, 2020
What is the speaking outline?
In this way, what does a speaking outline include?
A speaking outline is the outline you will prepare for use when delivering the speech. The speaking outline is much more succinct than the preparation outline and includes brief phrases or words that remind the speakers of the points they need to make, plus supporting material and signposts.
Also Know, what is the main purpose of a speaking outline? A speaking outline is the outline used as speaking notes to remind the speaker of the parts of a speech during delivery. In essence, a speaking outline is used to jog the speaker's memory during delivery.
Also Know, what is a preparation outline?
A preparation outline is a detailed, full-sentence outline which specifies all critical elements of the speech including the title, general purpose, specific purpose, thesis statement, introduction, main points, subpoints, transitions, visual aids, citations, conclusion and bibliography.
What are four guidelines for your speaking outline?
- State the Specific Purpose of your speech.
- State your Central Idea.
- Label the Introduction, Body and Conclusion sections of your outline.
- Use a Consistent Pattern of Symbolization and Indentation.
- State Main Points and Subpoints in Full Sentences.
- Label Transitions, Internal Summaries, and Internal Previews.