Asked by: Arnita Vimercatiasked in category: General Last Updated: 9th January, 2020
What is the responsibility of an emergency evacuation coordinator?
Furthermore, what is your role in an emergency?
Your Role in Emergency Management. When emergencies happen, individual community members are often the first to respond, helping themselves, their families and neighbors prior to the arrival of police or fire resources. Make a plan: Prepare, plan and stay informed for emergencies.
Also, what should be included in an emergency evacuation plan? At a minimum, your emergency action plan must include the following:
- A preferred method for reporting fires and other emergencies;
- An evacuation policy and procedure;
- Emergency escape procedures and route assignments, such as floor plans, workplace maps, and safe or refuge areas;
Then, how do you account for employees in an emergency?
7 Ways To Account for Your Employees During an Emergency
- Having procedures in place for workplace evacuations is part of what employers should do to keep their employees safe in case of emergencies.
- Paper Roster.
- Badge Scanning.
- Long Range RFID.
- Real Time Location System (RTLS)
- Cell Phone and SMS Based Systems.
How do you respond to a medical emergency in the workplace?
Reacting to a medical emergency
- Call 911.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Assess the situation.
- Assess the injured person.
- Be prepared to administer CPR until professionals arrive.
- Address the most life-threatening issue.
- Assist professionals once they arrive.
- Notify the injured person's emergency contacts.