Asked by: Amapola Schinaglasked in category: General Last Updated: 28th May, 2020
What is the main theme of Antigone quizlet?
Likewise, what themes are in Antigone?
- Individual versus State; Conscience versus Law; Moral or Divine Law versus Human Law.
- Gender: the Position of Women.
- Inaction/Lack of Agency versus Agency.
- The Threat of Tyranny.
Also Know, which of the following themes are supported by Antigone's actions? Antigone Themes
- Theme #1. Blindness. Blindness in a real or metaphorical sense is the major theme of various Grecian plays.
- Theme #2. Natural Law.
- Theme #3. Political and Family Loyalty.
- Theme #4. Pride or Arrogance.
- Theme #5. Feminine Elements.
- Theme #6. Civil Disobedience.
- Theme #7. Free Will and Fate.
- Theme #8. Threat of Tyranny.
what connection between injustice tyranny and civil disobedience can be found in Antigone?
Injustice and tyranny can provoke justified civil disobedience. To uphold the moral law, Antigone breaks the civil law. Down through the ages and into modern times, citizens have used this theme to guide them in redressing their grievances.
What's the theme of Antigone?
A central theme of Antigone is the tension between individual action and fate. While free choices, such as Antigone's decision to defy Creon's edict, are significant, fate is responsible for ma