Asked by: Yueqin Campanoasked in category: General Last Updated: 1st May, 2020
What is the distance of Mission Peak?
Keeping this in view, how long is the hike to Mission Peak?
The East Bay Park District guideline says it takes up to 5 hours to reach the summit and return. For some people that may be optimistic. It is a STEEP hike. Mission Peak rises 2,517 feet above sea level, and the longest trail to get to the top from Ohlone College, is a little over 3 and a half miles.
Additionally, where does the Mission Peak Trail start? It starts from the parking lot at Ohlone College along Mission Boulevard in Fremont, California. Just one trail -- the aptly named Peak Trail -- curves and climbs its way to the 2,517-foot summit of Mission Peak.
Also asked, how many steps is Mission Peak?
The trails climb about 2000 feet in less than 3 miles. Fit hikers should have not problem with this 6 mile hike, and beginners in reasonable shape may find the ascent tough, but manageable, with proper pacing and plenty of water. Hikes at Mission Peaks are best taken on cool days.
What should I wear to Mission Peak?
Mission Peak Tips
- Top tip: Don't hike this route! Instead, park at Ohlone College at 43600 Mission Blvd.
- Go early and if possible, avoid weekends and holidays.
- Carry at least a liter of water, more if it's hot.
- Bring sunscreen and sun protection (i.e. a wide-brimmed hat).
- Wear shoes with good traction.