Asked by: Bidatz Carcelenasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th January, 2020
What is the best way to heat a cold basement?
- Address any water issues.
- Install TWO sump pumps.
- Choose inorganic materials.
- Capitalize on radiant heat.
- Use decorative concrete to your advantage.
- Put up radiant panels.
- Use our WarmlyYours Radiant Floor Heating Quote Builder to see how much a floor heating system would cost for your basement.
In this regard, how can I heat my basement efficiently?
Options for adding more heat to your basement include:
- Adding a space heater. Standalone space heaters are extremely affordable and efficient at providing heat to your basement.
- Adding registers to bring warm air from your home's heating system/ductwork into the basement.
- Installing a separate heating system.
Furthermore, should you heat an unfinished basement in the winter? However, when you heat your basement, those foundation walls remain warm and reduce the chances that mold will grow during the winter months. However, heating your basement can actually save you quite a bit of time, money, and headaches, so be sure to consider giving it a try this winter.
Also to know, what is the best heater for a basement?
The Best Basement Space Heaters
- DeLonghi TRD40615E Radiant Heater.
- LifeSmart 6 Element Infrared Heater.
- Homegear Infrared Heater.
- Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater.
- Dyna-Glo RMC-95C6 Indoor Kerosene Convection Heater.
- Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater.
Should I heat my unfinished basement?
You should heat your unfinished basement. If you have cold floors, then insulating the basement ceiling will help the most. Once insulated, heating an unfinished basement will help warm your whole home. Heating a drafty uninsulated basement is the same as burning money for warmth!