Asked by: Orosio Gelotasked in category: General Last Updated: 17th June, 2020
What is the best way to heal from a concussion?
- Reduce screen time.
- Limit exposure to bright lights and loud sounds.
- Avoid unnecessary movement of your head and neck.
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat more protein.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3s.
Simply so, how do you treat a concussion at home?
Self-Care at Home for a Concussion
- Do not apply ice directly to the skin - use a washcloth as a barrier and wrap the ice in it.
- Apply ice for 20-30 minutes at a time and repeat about every two to four hours.
- Rest is important to allow the brain to heal.
Also, what should you avoid with a concussion? 4 things to avoid after a concussion
- Excessive physical activity. An increased heart rate may worsen your symptoms.
- Strenuous mental activities. Reading, computer work, playing video games, texting and watching TV can overstimulate your brain.
- Driving too soon.
- Pain relievers.
In this regard, how long does it take for concussion symptoms to go away?
In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more. The goal of treatment after concussion is to effectively manage your symptoms.
How long should I rest after a concussion?
Right after a concussion, in what doctors call the acute phase, experts recommend 24–72 hours of rest. During this time, individuals need to cut back on all their activities, from work and school to sports and housework. People should not take any medication without a doctor's advice.