Asked by: Wentao Beuckesasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th April, 2020
What is the best for cough?
Click to see full answer.
Then, how do you get rid of a cough fast?
You can't cure colds or the flu, but you can relieve the cough and sore throat that sometimes come with them.
- Use cough drops or hard candy.
- Try a teaspoon of honey.
- Drink up.
- Heat up that drink.
- Use cough medicine.
- Use a decongestant.
- Breathe in steam.
Furthermore, how do I stop coughing at night? How to Calm That Cough
- Use a humidifier to make the air moist, or breathe steam from a hot shower or teakettle before bed.
- Raise your head up a bit with an extra pillow.
- Try a saline or saltwater nose spray.
- Swallow a teaspoon of honey.
- Sip warm tea or soup.
- Suck on menthol or honey lozenges before bedtime.
In respect to this, what is the best medicine for a cough?
There are 2 types of OTC cough medicines: antitussives and expectorants. A common antitussive is dextromethorphan (some brand names: Triaminic Cold and Cough, Robitussin Cough, Vicks 44 Cough and Cold). The only expectorant available in OTC products is guaifenesin (2 brand names: Mucinex, Robitussin Chest Congestion).
How can I stop coughing at night naturally?
How to stop coughing at night
- Incline the head of your bed. It's easier for irritants to make their way to your throat to trigger coughing when you're lying down.
- Use a humidifier.
- Try honey.
- Tackle your GERD.
- Use air filters and allergy-proof your bedroom.
- Prevent cockroaches.
- Seek treatment for a sinus infection.
- Rest and take decongestants for a cold.