Asked by: Lijana Karrerasked in category: General Last Updated: 13th May, 2020
What is on a computer literacy test?
Thereof, what is a basic computer literacy test?
The Basic Computer Literacy test is a skills and knowledge evaluation. This test measures ability to use basic computer skills such as Editing, Passwords, Mousing, Printing, Navigation, Typing, and Windows. The test contains approximately 25 questions and takes an average of 15 minutes to complete.
Subsequently, question is, how do I test my candidate for computer skills? How to Test Basic Computer Skills in a Job Interview
- Take stock of the skills your future employee will need to have to do the job.
- Make copies of documents your business has created in the past, which can serve as templates for the test.
- Develop some type of rating system to grade candidates on their computer skills.
Secondly, what does computer literacy involve?
Computer literacy is the ability to use computers and related technology efficiently, with a range of skills covering levels from elementary use to programming and advanced problem solving. By another measure, computer literacy requires some understanding of computer programming and how computers work.
What are the basic computer skills needed?
Some of the most important computer skills to learn include the following:
- Operating systems (Windows and MacOS)
- Office suites (Microsoft Office, G Suite)
- Presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Communication and collaboration tools (Slack, Skype, etc.)