Asked by: Odessa Pangerlasked in category: General Last Updated: 12th June, 2020
What is Microsoft Message Queue Server?
Likewise, what is Microsoft Message Queue?
MSMQ is essentially a messaging protocol that allows applications running on separate servers/processes to communicate in a failsafe manner. A queue is a temporary storage location from which messages can be sent and received reliably, as and when conditions permit.
Similarly, how do I turn on Microsoft Message Queuing Service?
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Programs and then, under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows Features on and off.
- Expand Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server, expand Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server Core, and then select the check boxes for the following Message Queuing features to install:
- Click OK.
Subsequently, question is, what is message queuing service Windows 10?
From Microsoft: Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) technology enables applications running at different times to communicate across heterogeneous networks and systems that may be temporarily offline. MSMQ provides guaranteed message delivery, efficient routing, security, and priority-based messaging.
How do I install MSMQ message queuing on Windows 10?
- Select Windows Start->Control Panel.
- Click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Click on the Add/Remove Windows Components icon on the left.
- Select Message Queuing. Select the check box.
- Click on the Details button.
- Select Common.
- Keep clicking OK to continue the install.