Asked by: Maverick Ospinaasked in category: General Last Updated: 5th June, 2020
What is Jenkins continuous deployment?
Similarly, is Jenkins used for deployment?
Jenkins is an extendable, open-source continuous integration server. You can use Jenkins to compile and test your code, and then have it trigger deployments in Octopus Deploy. Just like Jenkins makes build automation easy, Octopus Deploy makes deployment automation easy.
Secondly, what is continuous deployment in Devops? Continuous delivery is a software development practice where code changes are automatically prepared for a release to production. Continuous delivery lets developers automate testing beyond just unit tests so they can verify application updates across multiple dimensions before deploying to customers.
Also, how do you do continuous deployment?
Moving from continuous delivery to continuous deployment
- Emphasize a culture of continuous integration.
- Make sure you have good test coverage (and good tests too!)
- Adopt real-time monitoring.
- Review your post-deployment tests.
- Get your QA team to work upstream.
- Drop the traditional release notes.
How do I create a continuous deployment in Jenkins?
Jenkins - Continuous Deployment
- Step 1 − Go to the Jenkins dashboard and click on New Item.
- Step 2 − In this example, we are keeping it simple and just using this project to execute a test program for the Helloworld application.
- Step 3 − Now go to you Helloworld project and click on the Configure option.