Asked by: Miryam Atorfasked in category: General Last Updated: 2nd January, 2020
What is another term for Native American?
Simply so, what's another name for Native Americans?
"Amerind" or "Amerindian" The term "Amerind"/"Amerindian" is a portmanteau of "American Indian", though it can also be parsed as a blend of "American" and "Indigenous". It was coined in 1902 by the American Anthropological Association.
Additionally, where did the word Indian come from? The word Indian came to be used because Christopher Columbus repeatedly expressed the mistaken belief that he had reached the shores of South Asia. Convinced he was correct, Columbus fostered the use of the term Indios (originally, “person from the Indus valley”) to refer to the peoples of the so-called New World.
what is another word for natural resources?
Synonyms for natural resource
- raw material.
- mineral deposit.
- natural deposit.
How do you use native in a sentence?
native Sentence Examples
- I wanted to put native wildlife on it.
- It was a closer view of my native town.
- The native costumes also vary considerably.
- The peccary is the only native wild pig in the United States.
- He began to read, stumbling over the words after years without reading his native tongue.