Asked by: Guillermina Haramanasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th April, 2020
What is a transfer in physical therapy?
Beside this, what is at transfer physical therapy?
In rehabilitation, “transfer training” refers to alternate methods of moving your body from one surface to another. Your doctor can write you a prescription for rehabilitation and transfer training with an occupational therapist and/or a physical therapist.
Additionally, what are the types of transfer? Types of Transfer:
- The Following are The Various Types of Transfers:
- (A) Production Transfers:
- (B) Replacement Transfers:
- (C) Versatility Transfers:
- (D) Shift Transfers:
- (E) Remedial Transfers:
- (F) Miscellaneous Transfers:
Considering this, what does transferring mean in medical terms?
1. the taking or moving of something from one place to another. 2. the moving of a patient from one surface to another. Patients can be taught to transfer safely either independently or with minimal assistance if they can balance in a sitting position.
What is a bent pivot transfer?
Bent Pivot Transfer Have the client move from a higher surface to a lower surface if you have control over surface heights. (ie. If patient is transferring from the edge of his or her bed to his or her wheelchair, raise the bed so that it's somewhat higher than the wheelchair.)