Asked by: Miguelina Vreedeasked in category: General Last Updated: 8th January, 2020
What Is a Step 2 mailbox?
In this regard, what height do you set a mailbox?
USPS requirements state that a mailbox height must be 41 to 45 inches above the road's surface. Standard mailbox height above the ground is 42 inches. Mark a spot on your lawn six to eight inches back from your curb. If you do not have a raised curb, contact your local postmaster for guidance.
Furthermore, how long is a mailbox in feet? 1953: The Department specified the dimensions of the two approved mailbox sizes as follows: No. 1: Approximately 19 inches long by 6 ½ inches wide by 8 ½ inches high; No. 2: Approximately 23 ½ inches long by 11 ½ inches wide by 13 ½ inches high.
Similarly one may ask, how do you stabilize a mailbox?
Mailbox posts inevitably start to lean and loosen over time.
- Choose firm materials, such as rocks, cut-down cedar shingles, or even mixing concrete.
- Using a level, move the post so that it is straight up and down.
- Wedge materials next to the post to fill the gaps, ensuring the post stays straight.
How do you clean a plastic mailbox?
You can keep your plastic mailbox clean with common household products and a little elbow grease.
- Mix a few drops of dish soap into a bowl of warm water.
- Remove bird droppings from the box with warm soapy water and a nylon scrubber.
- Remove mold and mildew by spraying the mailbox with distilled white vinegar.