Asked by: Peipei Willemotasked in category: General Last Updated: 1st March, 2020
What is a peg bag?
Similarly one may ask, how do you make a simple peg bag?
To make the peg bag
- Place the peg bag template on to the wrong side of your fabric, draw round and cut out the back piece.
- With right sides together, place the lower edge of the upper front piece on to the top edge of the lower front piece and pin.
- With right sides together, pin the front to the back piece.
Secondly, how do you make a clothespin bag? Fold the clothespin bag in half with wrong sides together. Pin and sew the sides and straight across the top edge, sewing 1/8 inch from the edge. This assembles the bag, topstitches the edges, and closes the opening all at once.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you make a tea towel peg bag?
To make the peg bag you will need: A m&h tea towel, available to buy here. A childrens hanger. Paper.
- You need to create a 3 piece pattern for the peg bag:
- Place the pattern pieces on the right side of the tea towel and cut them out.
- Fold over the point at the top of both the front and back section by 1cm and top stitch.
What can I make with a tea towel?
10 Ways to Use a Tea Towel
- To line a serving basket or tray.
- To cover and keep food warm like scones, biscuits and rolls.
- As napkins or casual placemats.
- Placed between pots and pans to protect from scratches when stored.
- To dry and store salad greens.
- To line the crisper drawers in the fridge.