Asked by: Lorenza Lengenasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th May, 2020
What is a good southern meal?
- Collard Greens with Bacon. Wide Open Eats.
- Slow Cooked Black Eyed Peas. Wanderlust Kitchen.
- Cola Glazed Ham. Jo Cooks.
- Chicken Fried Steak. Spicy Southern Kitchen.
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Creative Homemaking.
- Fried Catfish.
- Cajun Shrimp and Grits.
- Crawfish Boil.
Also, what is a typical Southern meal?
A traditional Southern meal is pan-fried chicken, field peas (such as black-eyed peas), greens (such as collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, or poke sallet), mashed potatoes, cornbread or corn pone, sweet tea, and dessert—typically a pie (sweet potato, chess, shoofly, pecan, and peach are the most common), or
One may also ask, what is a good soul food dinner? A typical soul food meal would feature:
- Sides: black-eyed peas, candied yams (dark-fleshed sweet potatoes), macaroni and cheese, and stewed greens (cabbage, collard greens, kale, mustard, or turnip);
- Entree: chicken (fried or smothered), fried fish, or pork (smothered chop or "chitlins," which are pig intestines);
Also question is, what is a good Southern Sunday dinner?
Southern Sunday Dinner
- The Only Classic Chicken and Dumplings Recipe You Need. 1.5 hours.
- The Best Cheesy Potato Casserole. 60 minutes.
- Chicken parmesan. 40 minutes.
- Smothered Pork Chops.
- Southern Fried Potatoes.
- Crock pot mississippi pot roast.
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs.
- Roasted Garlic Mushrooms Are Delicious…. …
Why is Southern food so unhealthy?
The Southern diet is typically high in processed meats, which are high in salt and in nitrates, which are in turn linked to heart risk. The high sugar content of the diet may also lead to negative effects, like insulin resistance and inflammation.