Asked by: Garai Larregolaasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th January, 2020
What is a good source of b12?
Herein, how can I raise my b12 levels fast?
To increase the amount of vitamin B12 in your diet, eat more of foods that contain it, such as:
- Beef, liver, and chicken.
- Fish and shellfish such as trout, salmon, tuna fish, and clams.
- Fortified breakfast cereal.
- Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
Similarly, which fruit is good for vitamin b12? The top vitamin B-12-rich foods
- Clams. 84.1 mcg per 3 ounces.
- Beef liver. 70.7 mcg per 3 ounces.
- Fortified breakfast cereals. 6.0 mcg per 1/2 cup.
- Salmon. 4.8 mcg per 3 ounces.
- Trout. 3.5 mcg per 3 ounces.
- Milk. 1.2 mcg per cup.
- Yogurt. 1.1 mcg per cup.
- Ham. 0.6 mcg per 3 ounces.
Correspondingly, which foods are high in vitamin b12?
Below are 12 healthy foods that are very high in vitamin B12.
- Animal liver and kidneys. Organ meats are some of the most nutritious foods out there.
- Clams. Clams are small, chewy shellfish that are packed with nutrients.
- Fortified cereal.
- Fortified nutritional yeast.
What happens when your vitamin b12 is low?
Weakness and fatigue are common symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency. They occur because your body doesn't have enough vitamin B12 to make red blood cells, which transport oxygen throughout your body. As a result, you are unable to efficiently transport oxygen to your body's cells, making you feel tired and weak.