Asked by: Bozena Estafievasked in category: General Last Updated: 27th April, 2020
What is a good general fertilizer?
Just so, what is a good all around fertilizer?
Fertilizer Selection Most gardeners should use a complete fertilizer with twice as much phosphorus as nitrogen or potassium. An example would be 10-20-10 or 12-24-12. These fertilizers usually are easy to find. Some soils contain enough potassium for good plant growth and don't need more.
how do I choose the right fertilizer? What you choose will depend on your soil and what you are growing. The three numbers that you see on a fertilizer label, such as 5-5-5, tell you what proportion of each macronutrient the fertilizer contains. The first number is always nitrogen (N), the second is phosphorus (P) and the third is potassium (K).
Also to know, what is the best general garden fertilizer?
Best Garden Fertilizers
- Osmocote. Flower and Vegetable Smart-Release Plant Food. Effective Top-seller.
- Miracle-Gro. All Purpose Plant Food. Most Versatile.
- Lilly Miller. Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 Concentrate. Best for Large Gardens.
- Schultz. All Purpose 10-15-10 Plant Food Plus. Easiest to Use.
- Fox Farm. Big Bloom Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer.
What fertilizer is high in nitrogen?
Organic fertilizers that are high in nitrogen include urea, which is derived from urine, feathers, dried blood and blood meal. Feathers contain 15 percent nitrogen; dried blood contains 12 percent nitrogen; and blood meal contains 12.5 percent nitrogen.