Asked by: Amarouch Debonasked in category: General Last Updated: 18th May, 2020
What is a deer scarer?
In respect to this, how does a Shishi Odoshi work?
In Japanese, shishi-odoshi means “deer scarer.” This type of fountain slowly fills a hollow bamboo branch with water, and then suddenly tips — making a gentle knocking sound that will chase away any critters eating your garden. Many Zen gardens also use these rocking fountains as a meditation aid.
Furthermore, what is a SOZU? Sōzu is a type of water fountain used in Japanese gardens. A trickle of water into the upper end of the tube accumulates and eventually moves the tube's centre of gravity past the pivot, causing the tube to rotate and dump out the water.
Then, how do you make Shishi Odoshi?
- Step 1: Cut the Bamboo. 2 More Images. First you need to cut the bamboo.
- Step 2: Insert the Center Tube. 2 More Images. Next you need to insert the center tube using a pivot rod.
- Step 3: Add the Silicone Hose. 6 More Images.
- Step 4: Install You Shishi Odoshi. Fix the frame to your mini pond;
- 14 Discussions. ThummarwitshW.