Asked by: Serena Schmitchenasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th May, 2020
What herbs and spices go with venison?
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what flavors go well with venison?
Ideal flavours for venison
- Fruits: quince, cherries, prunes, blackberries, apples.
- Herbs: thyme, rosemary, bay, sage.
- Spices: star anise, allspice, black pepper, cloves, juniper.
- Alcohol: red wine (e.g. Grenache, Zinfandel), cider, ale. Other: chestnuts, celeriac, red cabbage, chocolate, mushroom.
Additionally, which spices go well together? Good with most foods. Combines well with basil, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coconut milk, coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, lemon, lime, nutmeg, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and turmeric.
Accordingly, what is the best seasoning for venison?
For a potent seasoning rub, call on paprika, cumin, ground peppercorns, yellow mustard seeds, cayenne pepper and salt. This is the standard dry rub for grilled meat dishes, including beef, pork and chicken, and capable of indulging venison's heartier flavors and textures.
How do you get the gamey taste out of deer meat?
If you got your venison from the wild and it has a strong “gamey” taste to it, try the following:
- Soak the meat in salted water, milk, buttermilk or vinegar to remove blood from the flesh.
- Age the meat under refrigeration for 3 to 7 days to enhance tenderness.