Asked by: Nelso Albertinasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
What fall plants are deer resistant?
- Anise Hyssop attracts hummingbirds and repels deer with its mint-scented foliage.
- Safe from nibbling voles, moles, and gophers, Autumn Crocus is a fine choice for the bulb garden!
- Blue Mist Shrub (Caryopteris) adds rare blue color to the garden!
Click to see full answer.
Thereof, what kind of plants will DEER not eat?
Daffodils, foxgloves, and poppies are common flowers that have a toxicity that deer avoid. Deer also turn their noses up at fragrant plants with strong scents. Herbs such as sages, ornamental salvias, and lavender, as well as flowers like peonies and bearded irises, are just “stinky” to deer.
Furthermore, do deer like butterfly bushes? Butterfly Bush (Buddleia davidii) These plants are magnets for pollinators—hence their common name—but deer tend to avoid them. They also require little care. Pruning is optional if you wish to keep the bush compact with more prolific flowers.
what shade plants do deer not eat?
- Barrenwort. Ligularia (Ligularia sp.)
- Ligularia. Bleeding heart finds a place on any list of deer resistant plants.
- Bleeding heart. Ferns are almost always safe from deer browse regardless of species.
- Japanese painted fern.
- Wild ginger.
- Hakone grass.
What are some deer resistant perennials?
Deer and Rabbit Resistant Perennials
- Having trouble with pests eating your plants? These perennials resist both deer and rabbits.
- Allium (Ornamental Onion) Onion may be a big part of the human diet, but the flavor is a turn off for the grazers.
- Nepeta (Catmint)
- Kniphofia (Red Hot Poker)
- Lavandula (Lavender)
- Achillea (Yarrow)
- Aconitum (Monkshood)