Asked by: Cerasela Baidyukasked in category: General Last Updated: 11th May, 2020
What factors influence forgetting?
- Cause # 1. Inadequate Impression at the Time of Learning:
- Cause # 2. Laps of Time:
- Cause # 3. Interference:
- Cause # 4. Lack of Rest and Sleep:
- Cause # 5. Poor Health and Defective Mental State:
- Cause # 6. Nature of the Material Learned:
- Cause # 7. Methods Used to Learn:
- Cause # 8. Raise in Emotion:
Keeping this in view, what are the main causes of forgetting?
One of today's best-known memory researchers, Elizabeth Loftus, has identified four major reasons why people forget: retrieval failure, interference, failure to store, and motivated forgetting.
Likewise, what are the 4 types of forgetting? In this lesson, we'll talk about different kinds of forgetting: memory decay, memories fading as time passes; amnesia, the result of an injury; and repression, an effort to forget trauma.
Subsequently, question is, what factors affect memory?
Here are several common factors that can affect your memory:
- Lack of sleep. Not getting enough sleep is a major factor of memory loss and forgetfulness.
- Stress and anxiety. Everyone experiences a certain amount of stress and anxiety.
- Thyroid problems.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Alcohol abuse.
What factors affect memory recall?
The most prolific factors which can affect memory recall are attention and motivation. Attention can affect memory recall in a surprisingly significant way, although research has shown that attention has the most noticeable impact on memory recall during the encoding phase.