Asked by: Engracio Mattewsasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th April, 2020
What does 15 bar Coffee mean?
Considering this, what does 15 bar pump mean?
Understanding what 15 bar pump pressure means helps when selecting a machine, but is not enough to make a machine the best machine for espressos. Bars are a measurement of pressure. The higher the number of bars, the more pressure.
Similarly, how many bars of pressure should an espresso machine have? The general school of thought is that espresso should be brewed with 9 BARs of pressure, but a lot of espresso machines list higher technical specifications, such as 15 BAR or 17 BAR pumps.
In this way, how many bars should a coffee machine have?
The standard pressure is 15 bar for home machines and 9 bar for professional machines!
How do you tamp coffee?
Step by Step Guide
- Give your group handle a quick shake.
- Place the group handle in an espresso tamping stand or on a clean flat surface or tamping mat.
- Tamp with a light amount of pressure to compact the ground coffee a little.
- Let the puck rest for a moment.
- Now tamp the ground coffee again with around 8lbs of force.