Asked by: Pamula Pahomovasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
What do you serve cucumbers with?
- Add One More! Rack up one more veggie during the day by adding finely diced, peeled and seeded cucumber to chicken, shrimp or tuna salad.
- Cool Coleslaw. Mix in thin slices of peeled, seeded cucumber for a cool, smooth addition.
- Crunchy Pasta.
- Wrap 'em!
- Stuff them- into a pita!
- Make a Scoop!
Beside this, what goes well with cucumbers?
Cucumber goes well with:
- Citrus. – lemon. – lime. – kaffir lime.
- Fruits, veggies and berries. – young mango. – papaya. – coconut.
- Plants & Herbs. – chives. – shiso (perilla)
- Spices. – chilli. – nigella seeds.
- Nuts. – almond. – hazelnut.
- Rhizomes and roots. – ginger. – wasabi.
- Cheese and dairy. – feta. – yoghurt.
- Meat and poultry. – egg.
Likewise, how do you eat small cucumbers? Eat them as an on-the-go snack, chop them up for a light salad, or slice up and dip them in your favorite spreads – it's hard to beat the refreshing crunch of a raw Cucumber.
Beside above, how do you serve raw cucumbers?
Slice the cucumber into thin round slivers using a sharp knife. Add them to a salad, along with lettuce, tomato, black olives, shredded carrots and your favorite dressing. Peel the cucumber with a vegetable peeler, and chop it into small dices. Place them in a bowl with sliced red onion.
What to do with excess cucumbers?
Here are some great cucumber recipes.
- Half Sour Fermented Pickles.
- Creamed Cucumbers (can also be blended and used as a delicious dressing!)
- Redbud and Cucumber Sandwiches.
- Cucumber and Onion Salad.
- Cucumber Lime Smoothie.
- Watermelon, Orange and Cucumber Aqua Fresca.
- Cucumber Cilantro Salad.
- Basil Cucumber Fruit Salad.