Asked by: Kofi Veynaranasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd May, 2020
What do you say to someone before a funeral?
- I am so sorry. Your uncle was loved by many.
- He was a wonderful man and a talented musician.
- Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- I have such fond memories of your aunt. She will be missed by everyone who knew her.
- When you're ready to talk, please feel free to call me.
In this way, what do u say to someone going to a funeral?
Here are some guidelines:
- Be personal. Even if you didn't personally know the deceased, you can still draw on your knowledge of him or her.
- Avoid religion unless you know it's welcome. It's never appropriate to push your religious beliefs on someone else.
- Be a good listener.
- Don't be inappropriately positive.
Furthermore, what do you say at a funeral service? Consider the following funeral sayings:
- “I'm so sorry about your loss.
- “Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.”
- “[The deceased] was a wonderful person and I'll miss him very much.”
- “My name is [your name] and I worked with [the deceased] for several years.
Hereof, what to say when you Cannot attend a funeral?
If you did not attend the funeral, you could make your apologies by saying something like: “Please accept my apologies for not being able to attend the funeral.” Sign off with an appropriate message. An appropriate sign-off could be something like “with sympathy”, “with caring thoughts” or “our sincere sympathy”.
What do you say when someone loses a family member?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don't know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.