Asked by: Jerry Valtuhasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th February, 2020
What do swimmers eat before a marathon?
Likewise, people ask, what should swimmers eat for breakfast before a meet?
Eating breakfast is important, preferably four hours before you swim in a race. Slow-cooked oatmeal cereals with low fat yogurt or eggs with whole grain toast provide some protein along with complex carbohydrates to help fuel your energy needs. Avoid white flour bagels or pastries such as croissants or donuts.
Subsequently, question is, what should I eat before a water polo game? Carbohydrate is the main fuel needed for water polo players. Basing meals and snacks on healthy carbohydrate rich foods is ideal. This includes oats, grainy breads and crackers, pasta, rice, low fat noodles and starchy vegetables like potato and kumara.
Regarding this, what do swimmers eat for breakfast?
Nutritious breakfast ideas for swimmers
- Porridge with blueberries or sliced banana (or any other fresh fruit)
- Non-sugary cereals.
- Fresh fruit with natural yoghurt.
- Yoghurt-based fruit smoothie (try ½ cup 100% juice, ½ cup milk, 1 cup fruit; ½ cup yogurt)
- Toast/ Teacake/Muffins/ Bagel.
What foods should swimmers avoid?
This article is going to run through which foods you should avoid while training.
- 1- Spicy and fatty foods.
- 2 – High fiber foods.
- 3 – Sugary foods.
- 4 – Cereals and Granola bars.
- 5 – Caffeine.
- Keep this handy checklist with you while you're doing your shopping so you know what foods to avoid.
- Follow P2Life on Twitter Here.