Asked by: Bernita Larrinoasked in category: General Last Updated: 16th April, 2020
What do diagonal pliers look like?
Also know, what are diagonal pliers used for?
Diagonal pliers (or wire cutters or diagonal cutting pliers or diagonal cutters or side cutting pliers) are pliers intended for the cutting of wire (they are generally not used to grab or turn anything).
Secondly, how do you use diagonal cutting pliers? How to use diagonal cutting pliers
- Step 1 – Open jaws. Open the jaws of the diagonal cutting pliers by moving the handles apart.
- Step 2 – Place object between jaws. As a general rule the object you wish to cut should be placed as far down the blades as possible, close to the joint.
- Step 3 – Squeeze handles together.
- Step 4 – Troubleshooting.
Beside this, what is the difference between side cutters and diagonal cutters?
Side cutters are High Leverage Side Cutters. These are your Klein's or Lineman's. Diagonal cutters are your Dikes or Snips.
What are the 3 types of pliers?
The Different Types of Pliers:
- Needle nose pliers.
- Linesman pliers.
- Slip-joint pliers.
- Locking pliers.
- Cutting pliers.
- Fencing pliers.
- Tongue-and-groove pliers.
- Electronics pliers.